The treatment of infertility with acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) dates back over 2,000 years. These ancient, time-tested techniques improve fertility rates and support woman’s whole body, unlocking unlimited potential for health, healing and childbearing.
There is scientific evidence (e.g. “Acupuncture and women’s health” research from the International Journal of Women’s Health) showing that many reproductive issues may be addressed using acupuncture and TCM. In another study researchers from Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York concluded that acupuncture helps to:
- Increase blood flow to the uterus, which improves the chances of an ovum implanting on the uterine wall
- Reduce anxiety and stress. The hormones that are secreted due to stress can significantly decrease fertility.
- Normalize hormone and endocrine systems that regulate ovulation, especially in women with poly-cystic ovarian syndrome.
- Positively affect the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis, which plays a key role in fertility.
- Regulate the menstrual cycle.
This means that acupuncture may help with many fertility problems. Also, as indicated in the 2008 study in the British Medical Journal, acupuncture significantly increase the success of the traditional treatments like IVF.
Contact us for more information!